As the fall semester comes to an end, we’re sure that you’re excited to finally have some free time. Whenever I get free time, I usually catch up on sleep, try to teach myself to play a musical instrument, and binge watch every show I think I might enjoy on Netflix. This winter break though, I’m going to dedicate at least 20 minutes a day to Mango Languages.
A free resource through Alliant Library, Mango Languages assists individuals in learning new languages online (and even on your mobile phone)! So, take the challenge with me! Dedicate 20 minutes a day to learn a new language.
Want to know a good reason to learn a new language? Well, here’s a list of 25 reasons according to Auburn University! Learning a new language will be extremely beneficial for you, especially when applying to practicum sites, APA internships, and jobs.
Ready to get started?! Here’s how:
1. Visit the library website.
2. Click on databases under “Quick Links” on the right hand side of the page.
3. Scroll down and click on Mango Languages
4. Create a log in (or log in if you already have an account)
5. Pick a language — Spanish, French, Russian, Mandarin, Pirate (arrrrg, matey!). and much more!
6. Start learning!
Enjoy your winter break!